About meI am designer based in Chicago specializing in print, web and user interface design with a knack for wireframes and post-its for process. I hold a BFA in Graphic Design from the University of Illinois at Urbana - Champaign and a Diploma in Website Development from Illinois Institute of Art in Schaumburg. When I’m not playing with pixels and paper at work, I fill my spare time with some freelance work and entertaining hobbies such as photography and little DIY projects. I am also a lover of handwritten type and am an aspiring calligrapher. As a kid I loved to doodle. Some of them were just exploratory and quick, some more detailed and some are just random words or thoughts. I had a journal then and I think it’s time I have another art journal to house my thoughts and ideas, sketches, hobbies and little projects. My blog is currently under construction but it will be up soon, so don't forget to visit again.
All the world’s a stageWhat do I like about being a designer? Well, I love playing many roles for the creative process. As designers, we balance between being an observer, a storyteller and as a problem solver. We often contradict ourselves to be bold yet subtle, creative yet technical, traditional yet modern, personal yet universal and the list goes on. It provides me great opportunities to learn and grow from every experience and project. It’s the constant shift that makes it exciting.
Kristine de Chavez is a designer with a passion for creativity and the small details. Drawn by the vast possibilities of design, she has a keen interest in information architecture, interface design and user experience on top of her print design and website development background.[button color="#ffffff" background="#ee3774" size="small" src="http://dechavez.com/portfolio_work/downloads/kristinedechavez_resume.pdf" target="_blank" ] DOWNLOAD RESUME[/button]
These are a few of my favorite things
- Hot chocolate and teas
- New pens, crayons, pastels, markers
- Chalk art and paper arts and crafts
- Theater Arts, Broadway Productions
- Stained glass windows
- Board games
- Learning about other cultures' traditions, superstitions, art and mythologies.
- Classic cartoons
- Sitcoms, mystery and cooking shows
- Basketball (Go Bulls!)
- Fall weather
- French fries and crab rangoon
- Quality time with family and friends
- Sense of humor and a little sass or sarcasm
my not so favorite things
- Horror movies
- Grape-flavored anything
- Peanut butter with chocolate
- Spring Forward day
- Leopard print
- Scaring easily
- Doodling on almost anything: napkins, mail, etc.
- Occasionally buying a coloring book and actually coloring it
- Binge watching seasons of shows
- Never having watched Star Wars films until 2015. (and yes I fell asleep during some of Episode 1 and 2)
- Binge pinning on Pinterest
- Over color coding?
- Having at least 2 or 3 phone cases and switching depends on mood
- Picking only the blue, green and orange M&Ms to eat